Oreo Cupcake ( Cupcakes Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 213 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66238 times
Oreo is a household name all over the world—and these chocolaty, chocolaty biscuits are now commonly available in india too. This treat combines a rich, velvety chocolate cupcake with a yummy, buttery icing that comprises coarsely-powdered oreo biscuits as a key ingredient. It is a perfect choice for birthday parties, kitty parties and high-teas.
- Sieve the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bi-carb together in a bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, butter, vanilla essence and 1½ tbsp of water in another bowl and whisk well.
- Add the prepared flour mixture and mix gently with help of a spatula to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Pour equal quantity of the batter into 6 greased and dusted 68 mm. (2½”) diameter aluminum moulds.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 5 minutes and then at 180ºc (360ºf) for 15 to 20 minutes or till done. The sponge is done when it leaves the sides of the mould and is springy to touch.
- Allow it to cool completely (approx. 30 minutes). Keep aside.
- Open each oreo biscuit and scrape and discard the cream middle creamy layer. You will need only the biscuits for this recipe.
- Place the biscuits on a butter paper or a rolling board and crush them coarsely using a rolling pin. Keep aside.
- Put the butter in a deep bowl and beat it using a spatula.
- Add the icing sugar and mix well.
- Add the coarsely powdered biscuits and vanilla essence, mix well and keep aside.
- Fill the frosting in a piping bag and pipe out swirls of your choice on each cupcake.
- Garnish each cupcake with a piece of oreo biscuit and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cupcake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.