Oreo Cream Cake
by Aditya Vikram Shah
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4579 times
A dark chocolate cake layered and frosted with oreo whipped cream! an oreo lover’s delight!
- Grease and line a cake pan with a parchment / butter paper.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Beat the sugar and curd until sugar dissolves.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt to the mixture and mix well. Let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the oil and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Mix well to incorporate the flour into the wet mixture.
- Pour into the cake pan and bake at 180 degree C for 30 minutes or until cake is fully cooked through.
- Alternatively, microwave at high for 6 minutes and then using convection mode set to 160 degree C bake for 3 minutes.
- Remove and let it cool completely.
- Add the sugar and water to a pan with high sides. Let it come to a boil while stirring.
- Continue to let it boil until it looks golden and slightly thickens.
- Let it cool completely.
- Place the bowl, whisk and heavy cream in the freezer at least 30 minutes before whipping.
- Pour the cream into the mixing bowl and start beating it in circular motion with a wire whisk. If using electric whipper, rotate in circular motion.
- Also add the powdered sugar if the cream is unsweetened.
- Once the stiff peaks form and the cream holds it’s form, put the bowl back to the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 25-30 oreo cookies in a zip lock bag or a cover.
- With a wooden spatula or rolling pin, hit the cookies repeatedly to form oreo crumbs.
- Remove the whipped cream from the freezer and add these oreo crumbs to the large mixing bowl with the whipped cream.
- Very gently, fold in the oreo cookie crumbs into the whipped cream. If you use fast strokes or just mix in circular motion, you will end up deflating the whipped cream. Tip: very gentle motion.
- Just make sure the oreo crumbs are somewhat evenly distributed.
- Until required for use, put the oreo whipped cream back to the freezer.
- Carefully cut the chocolate cake horizontally into 2 slices.
- Place the lower half of the cake on the serving plate.
- Tear small pieces of parchment paper (or newspaper).
- Place it under the lower half of the cake in all sides such that a little bit of the paper is under the cake and most of it out on the plate or outside.
- Prick the lower half of the cake with a fork in some places and brush it well with the sugar syrup.
- Add a dollop of the oreo whipped cream in the center and spread it evenly on the lower part of the cake.
- Place the next layer (upper half) on top.
- Use the remaining oreo whipped cream to frost the top and sides of the cake.
- Break some oreo cookies in half. Place each half of the oreo on the border of the cake so that it forms a “oreo circle” on the top.
- Place the entire cake in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
- Before serving, remove the parchment paper pieces from under the cakes and clean any little mess on the serving plate, if any.
- Slice and serve!
- If not eating right away, always keep refrigerated.
This recipe was contributed by Aditya Vikram Shah on 22 Aug 2013I like to read books, listening to soft music and riding my bike along the river banks while its rai...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.