Orange tango rice
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1087 times
A) ask the guests to help themselves to an orange each!
b) ask the guests to squeeze the orange top and mix in the juice before eating the rice...the flavor and aroma will be enhanced
c) do not keep the juice aside in a metal container .it might react with the juice and make it bitter.
Add your private note
Orange tango rice recipe - How to make Orange tango rice
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Rice 1 cup
Pistacchios 1 tbsp
Ghee 2 tbsp
Cinnamon 2 pinches
Yellow Food color 1/2 pinch
Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
Sugar 3-4 tsp depending on quality of oranges salt to taste
- 1) wash and soak rice for 15 mins
- 2) crush / thinly slice the pistacchios
- 3) wash the oranges, cut the tops and retain them as it is. take out the pulp from the orange body. keep the h0ollow oranges aside along with the tops
- 4) take the orange pulp and squeeze the juice out of it
- 5) put a pressure cooker on the gas, pour the ghee.
- 6) when hot, put in the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and the pistachios. fry for about 2 mins
- 7) put in the rice and fry again for a minute or two
- 8) put the orange juice, sugar, color, chilli powder and salt.
- 9) if necessary add enough water so that the liquid level is about 3/4 inch above the rice
- 10) close the pressure cooker and cook for about 10 - 15 mins
- 11) remove from heat, ;let out the steam immediately and open the cooker
- 12) the rice should be done. it might still have a sticky feel...the residual water will evaporate soon
- 13) take out an spread on a tray so that the remaining moisture dries faster
- 14) once it has cooled down, fill in each orange and put lid on top
- 15) microwave for 3-4 mins at time of serving
This recipe was contributed by madlika on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.