Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5561 times
Add your private note
Orange burfi recipe - How to make Orange burfi
Cooking Time: Total Time:
1 cup Plain Flour(Maida)
1+1/4 cup Sugar1 cup milk
1/2 cup Ghee
4-5 saffron strands
Fried dry fruits (optional)
- 1) heat ghee in a pan and add plain flour to it
- 2) fry till golden brown, stirring at intervals.. now take off from gas and keep aside.
- 3) peel oranges, remove seeds and transparent skin from each slice to get just the orange pulp
- 4) heat milk, add sugar and orange pulp to it.
- 5) keep stirring continuously till the mixture becomes sticky.. this might take 15-20 mins.
- 6) now add the plain flour mixture to it and mix well
- 7) add saffron and dry fruits if desired.
- 8) cook till ghee separates from the mixture
- 9) now place the mixture in a greased vessel and let cool
- 10) cut into desired shapes and enjoy yummy orange burfi!
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#422464 on 29 Aug 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.