Orange Peel ki Subzi
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 9123 times
Made from the peels of oranges, this is really a unique sabzi. Moreover it enhances the taste buds too.
- Cut the peeled orange skins into small portions, the smaller the tastier.
- Cut green chillies finely mix both with salt and turmeric powder and kep aside for 10 mts.
- Heat oil ina kadai, add the mustard and when it splutters add methi seeds and red chillies.
- Add the orange peels and chillies fry for 10 mts add the tamarind water.
- The mixture begins to boil.
- When the peels are cooked and soft and when the consistency is slightly thick add gur or jaggery.
- Allow it to boil for another 10 mts and remove from fire.
- This goes well with idly, dosa, rotis and curd rice.
- It can be mixed with plain rice also.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 days.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#357354 on 04 Dec 2006I am a perfect foodie, started loving tarlaji's books eversince i was 15 and lo these 5 yrs i have ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.