Orange Peel ka Achaar
by Lekha Nair
This recipe has been viewed 7949 times
Orange, a citrus fruit, full of vitamin C. We eat the oranges and throw away the peels. Dried orange peel powdered is also used as a face pack adding a few more items. Then why not make use of it in the form of pickle.I tried the same and it came out very good. So I thought of sharing this recipe with you. It is spicy, a bit sour, a little bitter and also a bit sweetened and of course with its little orange flavor.
- Remove the white pith from the inside of the orange peels.
- Wash well and pat dry and cut into small pieces.
- Add vinegar and salt to this peel, mix well and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Mix together chilli powder, fenugreek powder, asafoetida adding a little water to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai add mustard.
- When they start to splutter reduce heat and add the chille paste.mix well for 1 minute.
- Now add the peel if you find it too thick add 3 tbsp hot water.
- Mix well on slow heat for 2 minutes.
- Finally add the lemon juice and sugar. Let it cool.
- Now pickle is ready to serve.
This recipe was contributed by Lekha Nair on 04 May 2013I am a housewife with a passion for cooking. I like to try out new and interesting recipes or add a ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.