Orange Peel Chutney
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10470 times
A perfect tangy accompaniment which goes well with rice and parathas.
- Heat a kadhai, add the the urad dal and dry roast till the dal turns golden brown in colour. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- In the same kadhai, heat 1 1/2 tbsp of oil, add the add the other ingredients fry it till it is brown.
- Add the cut orange peel and cut coriander leaves in the end fry it for two minutes.
- Add the fried urad dal to the other ingredients.
- Remove from kadai put it in the mixie and with tamarind. Salt, jaggery, dry cocunut powder grind nicely with little water till it becomes soft.
- Take out the grind chutney and put it in a clean container.
- Season it with musturd seeds with 1/2 table spoon oil.
- The chutney is ready for use now.
This recipe was contributed by Chutnies on 22 Mar 2011 Dear Reader, Pranams. I am Padmini Ramachandra from Bangalore. I have lot of interest in cooking. ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.