Orange Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3627 times
Substitute orange with lemon or lime for a variation.
- for the orange pancakes, whisk together the plain flour and eggs. add enough milk to make the mixture the consistency of double cream. add the orange zest and mix well.
- heat a crêpe pan and drizzle the oil into it. swirl the oil around in the pan, and drain the excess into a ramekin, to use for the next pancake.
- Add a ladleful of batter into the crêpe pan, ensuring the batter reaches the sides in an even coat.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until golden in colour.
- Turn out onto a serving plate, and repeat with the remaining mix, to make four pancakes.
- Once all have been made, whip together the cream, caster sugar and the brandy, until quite thick.
- Place a large spoonful of the cream mixture onto each pancake, then fold each over to form a pocket.
- Arrange on a serving plate.
- For the chocolate sauce, melt the chocolate in a small pan over a medium heat, adding the cream, to make a pouring consistency.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the pancakes, to serve, and garnish with orange segments.
This recipe was contributed by prasad1980 on 01 Jun 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.