5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4580 times
This sweet dish will leave your mouth watering for more and more. . .
- Keep two tbsp sugar separate from the measured sugar.
- Heat double the quantity of water in a deep pan and when the water starts boiling, add the sugar and mix well.
- Cook till the sugar is completely dissolved and the syrup ia made of one string consistency.
- Add the saffron strands, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a thick bottomed pan on a slow flame and cook till the milk becomes thick.
- Add the khoya, mix well, remove form the flame and cool to room temperature.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder, orange zest and the flour, mix well and make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Heat a non stick pan, add the ghee and pour a ladleful of the batter and make a pancake (round shape)and cook it on medium heat till both the sides are golden brown in colour.
- Immerse the prepared malpuas in the sugar syrup and leave aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#402403 on 21 Mar 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.