Open Sandwich Delight
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2645 times
A simple and popular open sandwich delight is an excellent breakfast or snack item and is sure to be loved by all, especially kids. The bread slices are topped with a delectably spiced mashed potato, cheese and tomato slices before baking them in oven. The crispy cheesy open sandwich can be relished hot with chutney or sauce.
- Heat the oil in a pan, when hot add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle,add the onions and saute on a medium flame till they turn translucent.
- Add the mashed potatoes, mix well.
- Add the coriander, salt, chilli powder, chaat masala and mix well.
- Remove from the flame.
- Divide this into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Apply butter to the bread slice.
- Put 1 portion of the prepared filling on top.
- Place 1 slice of tomato and 1 slice of cheese on it.
- Make other 3 sandwiches in the same way.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven for 4 to 5 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by kavitashishduggal on 15 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.