Open Faced Grilled Pesto Vegetable Sandwich
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10029 times
peppers can also be cooked on a gas flame. by piercing a skewer through it and holding it above the gas flame, while constantly rotating them.pesto keeps, covered and chilled, up to 1 week. makes about 2/3 cup. and can be prepared ahead of time.
- Lightly brush bell peppers and eggplants with oil.
- Grill on an oiled rack set about four inches over glowing coals, for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Cut peppers into strips.
- Lightly brush cut sides of bread with oil and grill.
- Cut sides down, for about 2 minutes, or until golden. 6. Spread each piece of bread with 4 tablsp. Pesto and divide peppers, eggplants, and mozzarella between them.
- Grill sandwiches, covered, just until cheese is melted. (alternatively, vegetables and assembled sandwiches may be broiled. )
- Sprinkle each sandwich with basil and cut in half.
- In a blender or small food processor blend together all ingredients with salt and pepper to taste until smooth.
This recipe was contributed by VIRU on 19 Sep 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.