Open Carrot Sandwich ( Healthy Starter Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32597 times
A zesty and healthy topping of low-fat paneer and colourful vegetables makes this a scrumptious starter. Only 60 calories per sandwich, this is a nourishing starter to begin a healthy fare.
- Squeeze the carrots and cucumber and drain out the excess water.
- Combine all the ingredients including the carrots and cucumber in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the soya flour and salt along with 1 tbsp of water in a bowl to make a thick batter. Keep aside.
- Brush 1/8 tsp of oil on one side of each bread slice.
- Place each bread slice on a flat surface, with the brushed side facing downwards and spread a portion of the topping evenly over it.
- Brush a little soya batter evenly over the topping.
- Place each open sandwich on a non-stick tava (griddle) with the topping facing downwards and cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, till the topping turns golden brown in colour.
- Turn over and cook till the other side turns golden brown in colour.
- Cut each bread sandwich into 2 equal portions diagonally and serve immediately.
|Energy|| 60 calories|
|Protein|| 2.5 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 8.7 gm|
|Fat|| 1.8 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 387.3 mcg|
|Folic acid|| 7.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.