Oondhiya and Muthia ( A Gujrati Delight)
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9372 times
This oondhiya and muthia (a gujrati delight) is straight out of the mother's kitchen and the taste is that of the most authentic oondhiyu preparations. The oondhiyu and muthia are cooked in traditional gujarati style and best served in earthen pots.
- Combine the besan along with methi leaves and masalas and curd and oil and mix well and knead into a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into small equal portions and shape them into small cylindrical rolls.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the carom seeds and asafoetida and soda bi-carbonate.
- Add all the vegetables and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the masalas to the grated coconut and mix well.
- Add this mixture to the vegetables, salt and prepared muthias and mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add some lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.