Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2763 times
Lipsmacking and interesting.
very easy and quick to make for breakfast and the entire family will enjoy it
Add your private note
Onion dosa recipe - How to make Onion dosa
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Dosa batter: 1/2 lt (approx.)
Salt: as desired
Sugar (optional): 1 tsp
Onions: 1 kg/ 8-10 medium size onions. Chop the onions
Red chilly powder: 3/4 tsp
Cooking oil: 4 tsp to saute and 1 1/2 tsp for each dosa
Jeera seeds (optional): 1/2 tsp
- 1. heat 4 tsp oil in a kadai and saute jeera seeds (if opted for) for half a minute.
- 2. add chopped onions and fry until they are golden in color. add salt, sugar, red chilli powder and saute for another minute. remove from fire and keep aside.
- 3. heat dosa pan and pour the batter and spread it to desired size.
- 4. add a teaspoon of oil around the dosa
- 5. when the dosa is half cooked, spread a tablespoon of fried onion in the dosa.
- 6. carefully seperate the dosa from the pan and turn it around. add half teaspoon oil.
- 7. remove the dosa from fire once the other side is cooked. repeat from step 3 for more dosas.
- 8. serve steaming hot with coconut chutney/ tomato chutney/ sambhar/ chutney powder and gingelly oil.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#430504 on 20 Nov 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.