Onion and Sweet Potato Quiche
by Shreya Jaiswal
This recipe has been viewed 8866 times
An eggless quiche, with sweetness of carmalised onion and sweet potato and sharp and salty taste of cheese.
Cornflour is used to firm the filling and cream is added for the soft texture.
- In a bowl take flour butter and salt. Rub the mixture with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the ice cold water and form a firm dough. Cover with a damp cloth and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- On a floured surface,roll the pastry to 4mm thickness and around 5cm larger than tart case.
- Place the pastry on base and sides of a greased 7-8" dia loose bottom pie dish. Prick with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 7-8 min. Keep aside to cool.
- Heat butter in a pan with olive oil. Add the sliced onions and 1 tbsp of sugar. Cook on a medium heat stirring all the time. Cook until caramelized. Add oregano, basil and set aside.
- Wash the sweet potato cubes, place in a bowl with 2 tbsp of water and microwave on high power for 3 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp butter and add the cornflour and maida. Cook for 30 sec, slowly add the milk whisking all the time.
- Add double cream, cream cheese and salt. Keep whisking for 5 minutes until smooth. Keep aside to bring to room temperature.
- Mix onions, potatoes, cubed paneer, salt and pepper and spread over the pastry crust. Fold in grated paneer and cheese to the thick cream sauce and pour over onion potato layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 190°C until almost golden and firm. Take out from oven. Let it cool for 20 min.
- Cut into wedges and serve with green salad.
This recipe was contributed by Shreya Jaiswal on 08 Jun 2011Hi I am Shreya from Nagpur. I am an Interior Designer by profession.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.