Onion Tomato Chutney
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11985 times
Tasty onion tomato chutney is a south indian way of preparing a tangy and spicy tomato chutney or paste with onions and tomato. Tasty and spicy tomato and onion chutney can be refrigerated and used as desired as an accompaniment to main course or any starter.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a kadhai and add the urad dal, mustard seeds, red chillies and slit green chillies and saute till it becomes crisp and roasted.
- Add the sliced onions and tomato and saute for sometime.
- Add the coconut and saute for two minutes.
- Remove from kadhai, cool and blend in a mixer till smooth, suing some water.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds and hing.
- When the seeds crackle, pour this to the chutney and mix well.
- Serve with puri, chappati or rice.
This recipe was contributed by padsai on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.