Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3980 times
Learn to prepare Onion sauce which can be used as a dressing, dip, accompaniment and even marinade for meat or chicken dishes.
- Soak the tamarind in water and extract juice, around 2 glasses.
- Peel, wash and slice the onions.
- Heat sesame oil, add mustard seeds.
- When they crack, add urad and bengal gram.
- When red, add sliced onions and curry leaves and fry well.
- Add the tamarind juice.
- When starts to boil, add sambhar powder, salt haldi, hing and let it boil till thick.
- Remove from fire when saucy.
- Serve with rice.
This recipe was contributed by varloo on 30 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.