Onion Kachori By vishakha_p
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3846 times
Onion kachori is a fried poorie or kachori recipe with a seasoned onion mix as filling. Enjoy the onion kachori as snack with chutney or pickle.
Add your private note
Onion Kachori By vishakha_p recipe - How to make Onion Kachori By vishakha_p
Preparation Time: Preparation Time : 15 mins. Cooking Time: Cooking Time : 30 mins. Total Time:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into semi-soft dough using enough water. knead well for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts and keep covered under a wet muslin cloth.
- Heat the oil in a pan. add the nigella seeds, fennel seeds, bay leaves, green chillies and onions and sauté till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the gram flour, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala and salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander and mix well. remove the bay leaves and discard. allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Divide into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 50 mm. (2") diameter circle.
- Place one portion of the onion filling in the centre of the rolled dough circle.
- Surround the filling with the dough by slowly stretching it over the filling.
- Seal the ends tightly and remove any excess dough.
- Roll each filled portion into a 62 mm. (2 1/2") diameter circle taking care to ensure that the filling does not spill out.
- Gently press the centre of the kachori with your thumb.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make 11 more kachoris.
- Deep fry the kachoris in hot oil over a slow flame till golden brown.the kachoris should puff up like puris. these take a long time to fry as the crust is thick and needs to be cooked in the insides also.
- Serve hot with chutney.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 28 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.