Onion Kachori By Sumagandlur
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5002 times
They are eaten with a sweet and spicy tamarind chutney. You can prepare these kachoris ahead of time and re-heat them in a slow oven just before serving.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal equal portions and keep covered with a wet muslin cloth.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the nigella seeds, fennel seeds, bay leaves, green chillies and onions and sauté till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the besan, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala and salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Divide the filling into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 50 mm. (2") diameter circle.
- Place one portion of the onion filling in the centre of the rolled dough circle.
- Bring the sides together at the center to seal.
- Roll each filled portion into a 62 mm. (2 1/2") diameter circle taking care to ensure that the filling does not spill out.
- Gently press the centre of the kachori with your thumb.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make 11 more kachoris.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the kachoris on a slow flame till golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Serve hot with chutney.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.