Onion Chutney By Pearlie
This recipe has been viewed 2089 times
Prepare the spicy onion chutney and enjoy it with fried snacks, starter or simply as on with rice dishes.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add the red chilies and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till they are soft.
- Cool and blend in a mixer along with salt and a little water to a smooth paste.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and red chillies and saute for 20 seconds.
- Pour this to the chutney and mix well.
- Serve with dosa or idli.
This recipe was contributed by pearlie on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.