One Meal Soup, Low Salt Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 92 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44440 times
A nourishing soup that does wonders for the heart! The One Meal Soup brims with the goodness of vegetables and moong dal, and provides you with a good amount of fibre and protein.
It is also a wonderful source of vitamin C , a powerful antioxidant that protects the blood vessels from radical damage. Provided you add only the amount of salt prescribed, this recipe is a great choice for those with high blood pressure. Others could sprinkle a bit of salt off the shaker on the table.
You can also try other soups like Carrot and Bell Pepper Soup or Nutritious Pumpkin Soup .
- Clean, wash and soak the yellow moong dal using enough hot water for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the yellow moong dal, carrots and cauliflower, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, 3 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the chilli powder and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Remove from the flame, add the dill leaves and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||172.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||8 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.