Okra and Baby Corn in Chilli Hoisin Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 48 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17413 times
Okra, a vegetable you’d normally associate with Indian cuisine, finds an apt place in this Oriental delicacy.
Here, strips of ladies finger and baby corn are combined with onion and Chinese greens to make a fiery dish flavoured with red chilli sauce and hoisin sauce.
Okra and Baby Corn in Chilli-Hoisin Sauce has a distinct flavour and a wonderful texture that you are sure to relish.
- Combine 1½ tbsp of cornflour and 1½ cups of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the ladies finger, 1 tbsp of cornflour and a little salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the ladies finger, a few at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the baby corn, remaining 1 tbsp of cornflour and a little salt in a bowl and mix well.
- In the same hot oil, deep-fry the baby corn, a few pieces at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the red chilli sauce, hoisin sauce and soya sauce in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the pakchoi and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared sauce, cornflour-water mixture and a little salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the fried baby corn and fried ladies fingers and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||362.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||11.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||100.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.