Ogganni with Murmura
by Foodie #537516
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 8318 times
Very popular andhra variety food loved by most of the people, if u love poha den we can try a new variety with murmura also eaten as breakfast or evening snack..
- Clean and soak the puffed rice in enough water till they become soft.
- Squeeze out all the water and keep aside.
- Blend the chana dal to a coarse powder in a mixer and keep aside.
- Combine the green chillies, ginger, garlic and 1/2 cup coriander and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal ,chana dal and curry leaves and saute till they change into light brown colour.
- Add the onions and chilli-ginger paste and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a high flame for 5 minutes or till the tomatoes becomes soft.
- Add the soaked puffed rice, powdered roasted chana dal and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #537516 on 23 Sep 2011Hi,
Im Mrs.Vidya Bhaskar ,currently living in Cayman Islands hailing from India..Im interested to...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.