Oats and Spring Onion Paratha ( Rotis and Subzis)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13201 times
These parathas are made with a combination of oats and wheat flour to initiate you to the taste of fibre filled oats. I have used the spring onion filling as it helps to disguise the raw taste of oats. These are best served hot.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic, green-chilli paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the spring onion greens and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a dough circle on a flat, dry surface and spread a portion of the filling over it.
- Place the other dough circle over it and seal it tightly.
- Cook the paratha on a non-stick tava (griddle), using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.