Oats and Dalia Balls
by Alisha Savla
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7701 times
In the daily we some how miss to take care our diet. Here is a recipe which is not only healthy but also tasty and stomach filling. A perfect recipes for mid meals (for children as well as adults.
- Wash and pressure cook broken wheat with enough water for 3 whistles or till cooked well.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Dry roast oats and beasn till it turns light pink in colour and keep aside.
- Combine the browkn wheat, oats, besan, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilli paste, turmeric, garam masala, fenugreek leaves, salt and lemon and baking soda and mix well and knead into a soft dough adding water slowly (just like the dough of parathas)and let it rest for 5-10 mins
- Now make small small balls of the dough (apply little oil to hand so that dough does not stick to the hands) and put it in the simmer and cook it for 10-15 mins.
- With the help of a knife check if it is properly cooked. If yes then let it cool down.
- Heat the oil in a pan , add the curry leaves and sesame seeds and let it crackle.
- Now add all the balls in the pan and mix it properly.
- Garnish it with coriander.
- Pack warm
This recipe was contributed by Alisha Savla on 01 Aug 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.