Oats and Carrot Appe Chaat
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3360 times
Appe is the one of the popular dish in whole South India. They are known different different names. Here I am trying to give healthy and attractive twist to Appe.
- Combine the semolina and oats in a bowl.
- Add curd and water, mix well till smooth.
- Keep this mixture for minimum 20 minutes for soaking.
- Combine the green chillies, ginger and cumin seeds and blend into a coarse paste.
- Add the carrots, prepared paste, asafeotida, coriander, salt, soda and mix well.
- Heat the non-stick 'Appe' pan.
- Pour or spray little oil in the rounds.
- Pour the above mixture in the pan. Cover and cook for few minutes.
- Fry both sides until it will be cooked and became golden brown.
- To serve, add little sugar and salt in curd and beat well.
- Arrange appe in the serving dish.
- Pour curd over as required.
- Sprinkle both chutneys, chilli powder, chaat masala and sev.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Purvavs on 18 Apr 2014I love cooking for my beloved.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.