Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10303 times
Healthy alternative to rava upma for a delicious breakfast!
Add your private note
Oats Upma recipe - How to make Oats Upma
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Boil 1 3/4 cups of water in a deep pan and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, cumin seeds, curry leaves, onions,green chillies, ginger and vegetables and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the oats, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt and sauté on a slow flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the hot water and salt and cover and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by shalinivenkatesh on 22 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.