Oats Sweet Appam
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4677 times
A healthy snack made with oats and sweeted with iron rich jaggery.
- Dry roast oats until color changes slightly and a nice aroma comes. Cool down and grind it to a fine powder.
- Combine the oats powder with wheat flour, jaggery, cooking soda and rice flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Smash the banana and add it along with grated coconut and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add water little by little to form a batter slightly thicker than the dosa batter but in pouring consistency.
- Take a appam pan add little oil in each hole.
- Fill each hole with 3/4th of the batter, cook from one side then turn over and cook on both the sides.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vsharmilee on 09 Jul 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.