Oats Spinach Dhokla
by Amarendra Mulye
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2121 times
Dhokla is generally prepared with gram flour and rice flour. However, a healthier version can be made by using Oats and adding some Spinach to it. Oats Spinach Dhokla does not require lot of pre-preparation. However, it does not become as fluffy as Khaman. It a very useful recipe for people who are on a diet plan. This is because the nutritious combination of Oats, Spinach, Semolina and Curds gives all essential nutrients like Vitamins, Protein, Fibre, Calcium and iron to your body.
- Take the Oats, Spinach leaves, Semolina, chopped Coriander leaves, Ginger Paste, Green Chillies, Salt and Curds in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well and add a cup of water to the mixture.
- Rest the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Ensure that the batter is of pouring consistency, and there are no lumps in the batter (ad some water if required).
- Then add a tablespoon of Oil and whisk.
- Simultaneously, heat the Steaming cooker by adding adequate quantity of water at the bottom of the vessel.
- Place a greased aluminium plate in the Steaming cooker and keep it ready.
- Once the water in the Steamer boils and starts releasing steam, add a teaspoon of Soda Bi-carb in the batter and whisk in a single direction.
- Pour the batter into the greased aluminium plate. Steam it for approximately 20 -25 minutes on medium flame.
- Once done, allow it to cool.
- To make tempering, heat Oil in a pan.
- Once heated, add the Mustard Seeds, Asafoetida, Curry leaves, Chilly Flakes and Sesame Seeds to the Oil. Turn off the flame once done. Pour the tempering over the Dhokla and spread it evenly over the surface.
- Then cut it into square shape.
- Garnish it with Coriander.
- Serve immediately with Green Chutney.
- 1. You may add vegetables like grated Carrot, Sweet Corn etc. to the mixture.
- 2. With the same batter, you may make mini Idlis.
- 3. Instead of pouring the Tempering over Dhokla, you may Saute the Dhokla in tempering on medium flame till the tempering is coated to the Dhoklas.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 22 Nov 2014I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.