Oats Flax Seeds Roti, Low Salt Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12977 times
Here is a chatpata roti, with a homely texture and tongue-tickling taste that are sure to steal your heart.
The Oats Flax Seeds Roti features an absolutely healthy mix of ingredients, especially beneficial for those with high blood pressure because the beta glucagon in oats helps to keep both blood pressure and blood cholesterol under check.
This definitely contributes to maintaining a healthy heart! The sprinkling of flax seeds atop the roti not only makes it look attractive but brings in its share of nutrition too, apart from improving the mouth-feel with its exciting crunch.
You can also try other low-salt recipes like the Green Peas Soup and Creamy Green Salad .
- Combine all ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of flax seeds evenly over it.
- Roll out again into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti on a medium flame using ¼ tsp of oil till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 5 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.