Oats Chakkara Pongal
by Square Meals
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3655 times
A healthy twist to a traditional south indian recipe.
- Toast the oats for about 5 minutes, on low heat.
- Meanwhile, bring the water to a boil. Once the oats is ready, sprinkle the water over it and keep stirring.
- Keep adding the water until the oats are nicely cooked.
- In a saucepan, melt the jaggery with 1-2 tablespoons of water. Once the jaggery is completely melted, add the cooked oats and moong dal and mix well.
- Allow it to simmer for 10-12 minutes or until most of the excess water is absorbed and you are left with a nice ooey gooey mixture. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a small pan, add the cashews and raisins and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish the prepared pongal with the sautéed nuts and raisins.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Square Meals on 19 Jan 2013Square Meals is a culinary journey of two friends who have known each other for more than 12 years. ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.