Oatmeal Cookies Layered with Sweet Apple Mixture
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8425 times
For anyone who enjoys apples, this sweet and savoury dessert is a real delight. The crunchy oatmeal cookies combine with the smooth texture of braised apples to make a quick after-dinner treat. The cheese complements the sweetness of the cookies and apples.
- Combine the apples, sugar and lemon juice in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or till the apples turn soft.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- In a serving plate, place 2 oatmeal cookies, spread a spoonful of the filling mixture evenly on them and sprinkle a little cheese on top.
- Sandwich with remaining 2 cookies and spread a thick layer of the remaining filling mixture evenly on top.
- Again top with 1 tbsp cheese and bake in a pre-heated oven for 5 minutes at 210°c or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.