Nutty Gajar Halwa
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4240 times
Gajar halwa is a north indian sweet dish prepared from grated gajar (or carrots) cooked with sugar, ghee and spices like cardamom. A delicious dessert dish which can be served as a snack or after meal sweet! gajar ka halwa is a favorite dessert served i north india during winters garnished with chopped nuts.
- Peel and chop the carrots into small pieces.
- Place them in the pressure cooker along with the milk and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Add the almonds and cashew paste and cook on a slow flame.
- Add the sugar and cook till the sugar dissolves, while stirring continuously.
- Add the raisins and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by fk1579 on 30 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.