by Tarla Dalal
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17134 times
A mouth-watering snack made of oats, nuts and raisins, these nutty flapjacks are rich in iron and fibre. Get the proportions right and there is nothing more to it – simply place it in the oven, sit back and breathe in the rich aroma. Although brown sugar gives the best flavour and texture, you can use normal sugar if it’s not available.
- Cream the butter, sugar and salt in a bowl with a wooden spoon until soft and creamy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a shallow 175 mm (7") square tin.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360° f) for approx. 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Mark into thick fingers (3½"x1") using a knife.
- Loosen around the edges. When firm, break into pieces.
- Serve immediately.
- Use normal sugar if brown sugar is not available.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.