Nutty Butterscotch Halwa
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1865 times
Butterscotch halwa is an Indian dessert with a global twist. It has the unique taste of butter and a nice aroma that stimulates your taste buds.
Add your private note
Nutty Butterscotch Halwa recipe - How to make Nutty Butterscotch Halwa
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1 serving
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan. Add sooji and fry on low flame till it becomes fragrant and start changing its color.
- Add sugar and continue heating with constant stirring till the sugar caramelizes. It will start leaving oil.
- Add raisins, cashewnuts, khoya and milk. It will look as if crystallizing, but don’t worry. Keep on stirring continuously.
- Add water and continue cooking. When it starts boiling, reduce the flame. Add ghee and butter and let it simmer till halwa starts coming together. At this point it will leave ghee again.
- Add cardamom powder, coarsely crushed butterscotch granules and vanilla essence.
- Garnish with dry fruits and butterscotch granules and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Annapurnaz on 02 Dec 2015Hi!
I am Ritu, an assistant proffesor by profession and food blogger by passion.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.