Nutritious Upma By Sitalaxmi
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8643 times
Healthy upma recipe. . . Made more delicious and tasty!
- Clean, wash and soak the three dals in enough water for 20 minutes.
- Drain and blend in a mixer along with salt, chilli powder and hing till smooth.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal.
- When the seeds crackle, add the dal paste, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, onions and vegetables and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2cups of water, mix well and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and rava and cook on a slow flame for 10 minutes.
- Spread the upma on a plate and add the fried dhal mixture and mix well.
- Put in a serving dish and garnish with coriander and fried cashewnuts.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by sitalaxmi on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.