Nutritious Upma By Koolkhats
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8578 times
Start your day with this delicious and nutritious upma, made from semolina, onions and fried dals, a compete balanced meal with both carbs and proteins added in the upma recipe makes it a great breakfast choice.
- Dry roast the broken wheat and jowar in a pan for two minutes.
- Cool and pressure cook the roasted broken wheat and jowar together in 2 cups water for approx. 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and chillies and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the onions, tomatoes and saute for two minutes.
- Add the cooked rolled oats and jowar and mix well.
- Add turmeric, salt, lemon juice, coriander, mix well and cover and cook till is fluffy and excess moisture evaporates.
- Serve hot with a cold iced tea or as a hot snack by itself
This recipe was contributed by koolkhats on 11 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.