Nutritious Pumpkin Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37550 times
Add zing to your meal with this aromatic Kaddu Soup, which is flavoured beautifully with dill seeds. The delicious combination of pumpkin and carrots is enjoyably sweet, and does not require much salt.
Moreover, pumpkin is low in sodium, which makes this Nutritious Pumpkin Soup a boon for those with high blood pressure. Enjoy this tasty and nutrient-dense soup hot and fresh.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker; add the dill seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin and carrot and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer till smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add a little pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.