Nutritious Moong Khichidi
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5266 times
A delicious yet loaded with nutrients. . This recipe is worth trying!
- Clean and wash the rice with enough water. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till they turn pink in colour.
- Add the ground paste and roasted moong dal and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, salt and 4 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles or till rice is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the remaining oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, black pepper, ginger and the red chilles and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add this to the cooker rice and dal and mix well.
- Garnish it with the grated coconut and coriander.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Sowdhamini on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.