by Tarla Dalal
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33085 times
Unlike traditional chaklis, this version makes use of less butter and a combination of flours to make them crisp and nutritious.
- Combine the red millet flour, soya flour, rice flour and butter in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and salt and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Put the mixture into a chakli press and press out round swirls of the dough onto a dry, flat surface, working closely from the centre to the outside of the swirls (approximately 50 mm. (2") diameter). You will get about 20 to 22 chaklis.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, gently lift each chakli using a flat spoon and deep-fry over a slow flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cool and serve or store in an air-tight container.
Nutritious Chaklis Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chakli
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.