Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1393 times
1. i usually make adai when i have just a cup of idly batter left over...if u dont have idly batter then u have to add a cup of idly rice to the dal when u soak and follow the same proceedure.
2.if u dont prefer onion then u can use cabbage in place of onion, u can also grate carrot and add to adai but it makes adai a bit sweeter.
- Soak all the dals mentioned above for minimum of 1 and a half hour.
- Grind the dals with jeera , ginger and salt not too coarsely and not too soft.
- Add the idly batter and cooked rice and grind it and mix all the batter very well.
- Now heat a pan add oil then mustard, urad dal ,channa dal curry leaves and hing [quantity as in ingredient 2]once when mustard splutters add onion and saute it till it changes translucent.
- Add this to the above batter and mix well. add chopped coriander.
- Now heat a thava and make adai with the batter just the way u make dosas ,but thick dosai.once when it is cooked turn it to the other side and let it cook.
- U can have adai with pudhina chutney , coconut chutney or onion chutney.in hotels they serve adai with aviyal.
This recipe was contributed by shalinivenkatesh on 08 Dec 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.