Nutritious & Tasty Veg Khichdi
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28897 times
This is a very easy to make recipe as well as very nutritious & tasty too.
tastes excellent with cucumber raita & papad
- In a cooker put 2 tsp oil & add rai - jeera.
- When it splutters, add chopped onion & fry till it turns pink.
- Then add all the chopped vegetables except tomato & stir.
- Now add turmeric,chilli,hing, salt & stir on high flame for 1 min.
- Add tomatoes & then the soaked rice-moongdal mix & stir again.
- Add double the quantity of water & check for seasoning.
- Now add jeera powder & if required some more salt & chilli powder according to taste.
- Cook for five to eight minuted in a closed cooker with whistle on or till 8-9 whistles.
- Add chopped coriander leaves as soon as you open the cooker.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by smitanair9 on 13 Jan 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.