Nutritional Vegetable Soup In A Jiffy
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2832 times
Nutritional vegetable soup in a jiffy offers a great snacking or appetizer recipe with the vegetables boiled together and then seasoned simply with salt and pepper. Add a dash of butter and the lovely , simple and healthy vegetable soup is ready to be devoured.
- Soak channa dal for 1/2 hour
- Peel potatoes & carrots.
- Cut them in big chunks
- Put vegetables, dal, ginger and water in a pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook them for 2 whistles.
- Puree the veg. with a hand blender when cooked.
- Strain it. (omit this if you like a bit thick soup)
- Mix salt.
- Pour soup in bowls.
- If using butter just put a blob of it in soup.
- If using cream take some in a spoon and drop it in the bowl in a circular motion.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by nishapg on 30 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.