Nourishing Khichdi, Oats Moong Dal and Vegetable Khichdi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25922 times
A healthier khichdi for those on a low salt diet to keep blood pressure under check.
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal for 30 minutes. Drain well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté for few seconds.
- Add the onions and green chillies and sauté on medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder and 1 tbsp of water and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the oats, moong dal, carrots and french beans, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 2¾ cups of hot water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.