by Tarla Dalal
Added to 91 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6177 times
A truly comforting drink when you are feeling low.
- Soak the masoor dal for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion and bay leaves for 2 minutes.
- Add the masoor dal and chopped vegetables other than tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 6 teacups of water and cook covered on a slow flame for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and boil for a few seconds.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and serve hot.
- Goodness Guide :
- As one grows older, the caloric requirement lessens.
- This recipe is low in calories and fat, thus aiding weight control.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.