by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6066 times
Your guests will love these beautiful baskets filled with fruit and ice-cream.
- Heat the sugar in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Allow the sugar to melt and caramelise till it is golden brown in colour.
- Add the nuts, mix well and take the mixture off the fire immediately.
- Oil a slab or working surface, 2 knives and 1 bowl.
- Pour the mixture on a slab and work it quickly and carefully with 2 greased knives until it forms a dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion thinly as quickly as possible into a circle of about 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- Press the rolled dough on the back of an oiled bowl so as to form a basket in the shape of a bowl.
- Carefully unmould the basket from the bowl. Fill with ice-cream and fruits and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.