by Tarla Dalal
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7707 times
Guests just love this beautiful basket filled with fruit and ice-cream.
- Heat the sugar in a strong vessel withohut adding anything.
- Add the nuts, mix well and take the mixture off the fire immediately.
- Oil a slab or working surface, 2 knives and 1 bowl.
- Pour the mixture on a slab and work it with knives until it forms a dough.
- Take three-quarteres of the dough and roll out thinly as quickly as possible.
- Press the rolled dough on an oiled bowls so as to form a basket in the shape of a bowl.
- Roll out the remaining dough into a long strip and bend it into a "U" shaped handle for the basket.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of sugar in a small vessel until it melts.
- Dip the ends of the handle in the melted sugar and stick the ends to the basket to form the top handle.
- Carefully remove the basket from the bowl. Fill with ice-cream and fruit and serve.
- Note : If the mixture becomes too hard to roll, reuse by heating in a medium oven until it melts.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.