Norom Paak Aam Sandesh
by Uma Pandit
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1035 times
Summer in India is synonymous to mango for foodies .... Sandesh is one of the fabulous dessert in Bengal .I make here norom paak aam sandesh , which is really delicious in my family .
Paak means cooked .The kneaded channa which is cooked very little to achieve a melt in mouth is called NOROM PAAK ....
The mango flavor come out just strong enough to confirm its presence......
- Heat milk in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the citric acid solution little by little and mix gently, keep adding the citric water till greenish colour water is seen.
- The milk will curdle and the whey will separate. The whey has to be clear thus indicating the milk has completely curdled.
- Strain all the whey using a clean damp muslin cloth.
- Fold all the 4 sides of the muslin cloth and twirl it gently so that all the whey that is in the milk solids gets evenly drained out.
- Gather the cloth from all 4 sides and squeeze the chenna lightly about 3 to 4 times so that most of the whey gets drained out.
- Take the chenna in a plate and knead it with the heel of palm for 5 -10 minutes to get a smooth and doughy texture .
- In a non stick pan add the mango pulp and sugar mix well. Add the chenna and cook on a low flame, while stirring continuously to avoid burring the chenna.
- The chenna will gradually change the colour as it gets mixed with the mango pulp and will become lumpy . This should take 10 -15 minutes of continuous stirring.
- Remove from flame and allow to cool enough to handle with hands.
- Divide the mango-chenna mixture into equal portions.
- Grease the sandesh moulds with ghee.
- Take one mould, place a portion of the mango-chenna mixture on it and gently press and smoothen the edges.
- Repeat with the remaining mango-chenna mixture to make more sandesh.
- Remove the sandesh from the moulds from one end very carefully.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Refrigerate to chill, then serve.
This recipe was contributed by Uma Pandit on 21 May 2016Myself Uma Pandit from Kolkata . My mob no - 9836157263 .
I am homemaker , but passionate about dif...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.