Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7459 times
- Cook the rice sevai as shown on the packet. typically it is to be immersed in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Dry grind the coconut, coriander, green chilli and ginger.
- In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil, when hot, add the rai.
- When it sputters, add the urad dal and let it become reddish, bit not brown.
- Turn the heat down and add the coconut mix. stir well and take off the fire.
- add salt.
- Add this whole mix to the cooled sevai and stire with a flat wooden ladle, by cutting strokes till they have mixed well.
- Now immerse the rice wraps one at a time in warm water. when soft, take out and place on a cloth napkin and pat dry with another dry napkin.
- Place one and a half tablespoons of the sevai mix on one half; fold the sides over, then the bottom and roll the wrap to complete. since it is damp, the ends will seal by themsleves.
- Place all such wraps on serving dish, garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves.
- can be eaten warm or cold.
This recipe was contributed by meeraseth on 29 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.