Non-fried Chakli (100 Calorie Snacks)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 146 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 84943 times
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 1 serving
the crunchy, delicious chaklis now come in a healthy, baked avatar – just remember to store these famous gujarati munchies in an air-tight container to maintain its crispness.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water (approx. 2 to 3 tbsp).
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Put 1 portion of the dough into a chakli press and press out long whirls of the dough (approx. 6”) onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake these chaklis in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for approx. 20 minutes or till they are crisp and light brown in colour, gently flipping over once in between using a flat spoon.
- Repeat the steps 3 and 4 to make 1 more batch of chaklis.
- Cool, break into 50 mm. (2”) pieces and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.